Simbiotico is an online directory that brings together sustainable brands, projects and organizations in Portugal. It was born of the will to make a positive impact on people’s lives. We want to live in a more positive and happy world, and we believe a way to get there is through better relationships, increased connectivity and by uniting efforts.
Our mission is to promote and give visibility to projects that focus on sustainability, raise awareness to the Portuguese ecological universe and establish a link between producers, stores, services and end consumers, creating a common space where people can publicize, comment and exchange direct contacts , fostering B2C and B2B relationships.
How it all began
It all started with a move to another country. Everyday life had the tranquillity we were looking for, but we began missing some of the things we had back home: a bulk grocery store, an organic street market, a small handmade toy shop… We couldn’t be the only ones wanting to have access to more familiar services and meeting people with a similar mindset. So we wondered how we could make it happen for those who are away from home, whether travelling on holidays, business or making a more permanent move. And that’s how Simbiotico began – as a way to connect people – wherever they are – through a common interest: ecology.
A sustainable way of life is much more than just ecology, it encompasses many different values, like respect, equality, cooperation, ethics and humanism. These are the stones on which we built Simbiotico and the values we recognise in the businesses, services and amenities listed in this sustainable directory.
We are proud…
- to publicize relatively unknown projects;
- to surprise users with the large quantity and variety of products and services existing on the Portuguese market;
- that the information shared by Simbiotico.eco has already given rise to new business partnerships and allowed consumers to discover more local sustainable options just a click away;
- the extremely positive feedback and acceptance demonstrated by advertisers, website users and the general public;
- the growing number of registrations and visits to the website;
- to serve as a database, particularly for organizations of fairs and events dedicated to the environment, thus enabling the creation of new collaborations;
- that around 20% of visits to Simbiotico.eco are made from abroad, as a result of the site being bilingual (Portuguese and English) which allows it to reach users from all over the world.
Important dates in our journey
AUGUST 2017: Concept creation, project research and web development for the website www.simbiotico.eco
NOVEMBER 2017: Launch of the online directory and presence on social media.
JULY 2018: The milestone of 100 registered entities was reached. Simbiotico.eco gains notoriety in the media with publicity on the websites theuniplanet.com, boasnotícias.pt and an interview for the program Manhãs na TV on the Kuriakos channel.
SEPTEMBER 2018: During the month of September 2023, 25 new projects were registered and an average of 350 pages visited per day on the website was reached, both record numbers to date. Establishment of partnerships with sustainability events Eco Cascais and Organii Eco Market.
> 300 registered projects
> 2000 followers on social media
> 1200 newsletter subscribers
Eco businesses in Portugal
At the moment, Simbiotico is focused in the eco places, people and businesses in Portugal. It’s our country of origin and a reference that we bring with us no matter where we are.
Eco businesses in Portugal are striving and rightfully so. People are looking more and more for simple, local and sustainable ways of living. It’s a call that comes from within, from their roots and traditions.
Portuguese history is also full of travels and discoveries, so it’s only a matter of time until Simbiotico starts featuring other wonderful examples of ethics and ecology worldwide.