Cocoon Eco Design Lodges
Cocoon Eco Design Lodges is a rural tourism resort in harmony with nature, located just 1h drive from Lisbon. It is an exclusive hideaway to enjoy nature in Comporta (Troia peninsula) with long beaches, dunes and forest, distinguished by contemporary architecture, sustainability, low occupancy density and good environmental practices.
The lodges have a contemporary design, comfort, privacy and breathtaking views of the natural landscape. The large windows and spacious decks invite you to enjoy nature at all times.
Each lodge has a different decor, mirroring the bio, ethnic or modern influences of the owners.
The two existing types (double and T1 + 1) make the Cocoon Eco Design Lodges a wellness space designed to enjoy the simple things of life in the company of family and friends.
Environmental impact mitigation measures include:
- no soil sealing
- no fixed foundations (all buildings are removable)
- replanting of local species
- use of solar thermal and photo voltaic technologies
- management and optimised consumption of water and energy
- selective waste treatment and composting
- use of environmentally certified wood
- use of recycled materials
- organic vegetable garden
With a huge area of 300,000 m2 and a low density of occupancy, Cocoon Eco Design Lodges differs from other rural tourism resorts and exemplifies a new concept of habitat.