The Atelier de Aprendizagem para a Educação Sustentável is promoted by the Woodland Kids Association and promotes activities to support education that integrates environmental education within Montessori pedagogy.
At the Atelier, children are invited to explore their abilities; develop their autonomy and learning, while discovering how to care for and protect the planet.
Woodland Kids is a non-profit organization founded in December 2019, whose mission is to develop and raise awareness of more sustainable education practices. To achieve this objective, several strategies / actions are carried out by the members of its management and community, namely:
– Development of pedagogical resources;
– Support for educational projects and institutions;
– Creation and monitoring of the pilot project “Learning Workshop for Sustainable Education”;
– Promotion of face-to-face workshops or webinars aimed at promoting education and sustainability;
– Promotion of the Children’s Day Celebration with activities for children and adults.